BRRLTerms and conditions
Terms & Conditions of the Bangladesh Road Research Laboratory (BRRL)
The members’ use of the conferences (held by BRRL) services is subject to the following terms and conditions (Terms).
- We reserve the right to modify the website or certain elements or parts of the website as we see fit.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any retreat, modification, inconvenience, suspension or termination of the website or any service available on or through the website.
- We reserve the right to vary or amend these Terms from time to time without prior notice.
- We do not encourage discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- We reserve the right to remove any members under any kind of membership if we see or are made aware of anything that we deem unacceptable, without warning and without being required to provide reasons, and/or to make such information available to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities. Our decision on this shall be final.
- BRRL reserves the right to withdraw approval of the membership at any time.
- Further, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate, or bar an individual’s access to, all or part of the website, should there be evidence that any of the Terms have been broken.
Limitation of liability
- We shall not be liable to members for any communication sent by email which is either received late or not received at all.
- We shall not be liable to members for any loss arising out of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of information, including any members or any third party’s Contributions, contained on the website or in the Services.
- The websites and/or services are provided to members on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranty being given in relation to the website or Services including (but not limited to) implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, fitness for purpose, that any information is up to date or correct, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We will not be responsible or liable to members for any loss of material uploaded or transmitted via the website.
- We shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages (including loss of business, profits, anticipated savings, opportunity, reputation or goodwill), however, caused.
- Should there be insufficient numbers for a conference BRRL reserves the right to cancel the said conference and will refund as explained in BRRL’s academic publications section.
- Information and Copyright: Information supplied by the Organisers in relation to any event is accurate to the best of their knowledge and belief but shall not constitute any warranty or representation by the Organisers and any inaccuracy or mistake in such information or omission from it shall not entitle cancellation. Unless stated otherwise, all information and data relating to the Event, which is supplied by the Organisers to the Delegate, is for use by that Delegate only, is the copyright of the Organisers and cannot be passed on to any third party for any purpose.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by Bangladesh’s Law. Members hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Bangladesh courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where members are based. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Links to other websites: On this website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites; you acknowledge that their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
- Computer viruses: We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious codes. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the website.
- Prohibited use: You agree not to use this website
- in such a way to remove the copyright or trademark notice (s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring BRRL or any of its subsidiaries into disrepute.
- Fees: All attendance fee must be prepaid.
- Visa Requirements: It is important to note that some delegates may require a visa and if so, applying for one in a timely manner is their sole responsibility.
- Substitutions: After the deadline of conference cancellation no refund can be made.
- Access & Dietary Requirements: We would like all our delegates to fully participate in the conference so please let us know if you have any special access and dietary requirements.
- Hotel accommodation: This is not included.
- Photography: Photographs will be taken at the conference by an official photographer or BRRL team members; such photographs may be used in post-conference publicity and on future marketing materials. By completing and submitting the conference registration form, the customer consents to the official photographer taking such photographs, which may feature the delegate.
- Conduct: In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any delegate in the view of the Organiser or the conference venue operator, the delegate may be refused entry or asked to leave and excluded from the conference without refund or compensation.
- Insurance: Delegates are responsible for taking appropriate insurance (including travel) cover in connection with their attendance at the Conference. The Organisers are not responsible for the safety of any property of the Company or Delegate, or for its loss, damage or destruction or for any loss or damage sustained by the Company or the Delegate, in each case for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility can be accepted by the Organisers for any consequences arising from postponement or abandonment of the Conference.
- Important: By registering for and/or attending the conference, all delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
- Change of venue or location: Bangladesh Road Research Laboratory (BRRL) accepts no liability for any costs incurred by conference participants who have not registered and paid fully in the event of a change of venue or location. If a participant has paid fully, they would be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, but no other refund would be forthcoming in regard of other expenses such as flights, hotel bookings etc.
- Payment & Cancellation: Once a paper has been submitted and accepted for inclusion in the Conference proceedings there is no option to cancel and collect back the fees.
- Refund policy: All conference cancellation and request for refund should be made in writing to email@example.com. Cancellation and refund requests over the phone will not be accepted. The following refund policy will be applied on cancellation on any of our conferences:
- Should there be insufficient numbers for a conference BRRL reserves the right to cancel the said conference and will refund any monies paid in full.
- BRRL is not responsible for any loss or damage if the conference is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances which are not our control, natural disasters such as flood, earthquake, severe weather conditions, industrial action including strikes, war, political unrest, acts of God or any other emergency. In this case no refund will be applied.
- Authors are fully responsible to submit the final publication according to our submission guidelines on due date. Due to the late submission if there are any errors in the publication BRRL is not responsible and no refund will be made.
- If any author fails to submit the final publication on due date according to the submission guidelines, the paper may not be included in the proceedings and author will be charged fully and no refund to be made.
BRRL`s Academic Publications
- Authors are required to complete and submit the publication form & author’s declaration form (for multiple authors) with the applicable article to publish paper. There is no charge for review process.
- Statement of Open Access: Conference proceeding published by BRRL is of open access nature which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users can read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. BRRL is committed to publish all full text articles online for immediate open access to readers and there is no charge to download articles and editorial comments for their own scholarly use.
- Contributors (Authors) of papers are entitled to receive the soft copy of the conference proceeding after the publication.
- Number of authors: paper will be accepted with multiple authors.
- Permission: Permission to reproduce copyright material, for print and online publication in perpetuity, must be cleared and if necessary, paid for by the author. Evidence in writing that such permissions have been secured from the rights-holder must be made available to the editors. It is also the author's responsibility to include acknowledgements as stipulated by the institutions.
- Self-Referencing: This is actively discouraged by the Editorial Board, and thus is best avoided in papers being submitted for consideration for publication in this journal.
- Peer Review Process: BRRL places great emphasis on the quality of the articles it publishes; and therefore, a full reviewing process is used for all its publications in which:
- Subject to the condition that the paper submitted is in line with the guidelines provided for authors the editor will review its suitability given the scope, aims and objectives of the conference.
- If the outcome is positive the paper will be sent for reviews to subject specialist reviewers.
- Decisions will be taken as to the acceptability of the paper based on the recommendations of the reviewers.
- Should further revision be found necessary it will be communicated to the author accordingly.
- Based on the outcome of above the date of publication will be decided and acceptance letter to be issued to the author(s).
- For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised article is acceptable.
- Payment & Cancellation: Authors need to note that payments made for the submission of the article are purely to cover administrative costs and publication and have no bearing on the peer review process or acceptance for publication. In the event of a paper being declined for publication any submission fee paid in advance will be refunded minus an administration charge within six weeks of receipt of the refund form being completed and submitted (the said will be emailed along with notification of non -acceptance). If the paper is accepted for publication and if the author/authors then decide to notify of their decision to withdraw the paper after paying the fees, the following criteria will apply:
- If withdrawal notice is submitted within 4 weeks after receiving the final acceptance-50% refund
- If withdrawal notice is submitted after 4 weeks but before 6 weeks of receiving the final acceptance – 25% refund
- If withdrawal notice is submitted after 6 weeks of receiving the final acceptance – No refund is given.
- Please note that international money transfer fees will be deducted from any money refunded.
- All international telegraphic transfer fees will be deducted from the refunded amount. • All refund will be made via bank transfer to the payee`s nominated account and all bank charges will be deducted from the refund account.
- BRRL reserve the rights to add, amend, modify, or delete its rules, policies, and procedures affecting its relationship with contributors as deemed necessary. Any such amendment, modification, addition, or deletion shall not be considered a violation of the relationship between BRRL and contributors.
- Whilst BRRL and related conference reviewers will make every effort to ensure that no paper submitted contains any plagiarised material, it must be stressed that this is ultimately the responsibility of the author (s).